Request for a call
We really want to talk to you! We will contact you the next day during the working day from 8-00 to 17-00.
History of the foundation of Borisovski DOK dates back to the first decade of the XX century. At that time there was a swampy forest on the territory of the future plant. In 1911 a merchant David Solomonovich Berman rented a piece of land from a nobleman Colodeev I.H. for a period of 18 years for the construction of a sawmill plant. The place was well chosen: the coast of Berezina river allows to float wood and ship sawn timber; in 1st verst there is a railway station Novo-Borisov.
By the beginning of 1912 the brick building of the boiler was built for two steam boilers, which served a two-cylinder steam station with a capacity of 120 horsepower. Next to the boiler there was built a sawmill workshop, in which there were installed two sawmills, four circular-saw mills with manual feeding and wood supports, two swing saws.
The plant was put into operation on March 1, 1912 with 25 workers. Schedule of work was very intensive; a working day lasted for 12 hours. The average salary was 30-35 kopecks a day. At that time it was a lot of money.
Production brought big profits to the manufacturer. The plant was constantly expanding. There appeared a particleboard plant on two machines, cooperage workshop with six drum tables for cutting cylindrical staves. Button workshop existed only for a year as it was unprofitable. But on the bases of this workshop a plywood plant was launched with two wood-peeling machines and a steam press. In 1913 the plant of Berman had 148 employees. In the same year there appeared another plant with two sawmills owned by Laskov.
After revolution of 1917 the owners of the factories emigrated, both factories were owned by "Zemsnab" and received another name – “Derevoobdelochnik” (“Woodworker”). During the period of German and Belo-Poland occupation, in 1918-1920th, the plant was practically inactive and started officially to function from August 15, 1921 under a 13-member group management (association "LesBel").
In 1925 the plant became known as wood processing plant "Comintern", and a year later the name was changed to combinat "Comintern".
By 1929 a railway line was laid to the territory of the plant and there was built a furniture workshop, which after a year was producing 300 thousand bent chairs from maple and ash per year.
After World War II the company had a rebirth, as it was completely destroyed during the occupation. Postwar life demanded new working conditions. The national economy was in need of a large quantity of wood products. The company was moving rapidly towards the production of home furnishing items. By the semi-century anniversary of the plant in 1962 the furniture workshop grew into a modern furniture enterprise with advanced technologies of that time. Cabinet furniture of multipurpose areas was being produced.
In 1971 the enterprise started to produce a furniture box "Astra", which was exported abroad. At that time this furniture was a dream of every housewife. In the same year the enterprise became part of PO "Borisovdrev" as a branch and a new sawmill was launched, where four modern 2-storeyed frame saws and a chipping machine were installed; the main technological operations were mechanized.
1974 - a new finishing department with two curtain coating machines was put into operation
1988-1989 years – a gas pipeline is laid and the boiler is gasified.
In 1993 a workshop for the production of thin medium density fibreboard (MDF) is launched. During the first years of production the plant was producing not more than 300 thousands m2 per month. In 2004-2005 packaging of finished products and the feeding of wood chips were mechanized (raw materials) in the workshop. Optimization of production processes enabled the workshop to reach the maximum output of production. In 2008 the output of fiberboard was 2000 thousand m2 per month.
Fiberboard of medium density is a sheet material, which is obtained in the process of hot pressing of dry mass of wood fibers with an addition of chemical additives and formed as an endless mat. Boards have smooth surface from both sides, thickness from 2.5 mm to 4.0 mm. Depending on the physical and mechanical properties fiberboard is divided into brand TSN - 30 and TSN - 40.
Starting from 2003 year the production of boards coated with film material was launched on the basis of MDF fiberboard of grade TSN-40. The boards were produced on the laminating line «Barberan» of Spanish origin. In 2009 the second «Barberan» line with automated board loading of sheet packages and feeding of sheets was launched with the aim of increasing the production capacity (in order to satisfy demand of the customer) and extending of the size range.
Thin fibreboard coated with film materials is a wide range of wood decors rendering fashionable natural wood texture, which is commonly used for the production of middle-class doors, wall panels, furniture and others.
From 2004 to 2015 a stepped reconstruction of sawmill and processing sectors was being carried:
- for a better sorting of logs and performing more accurate records there was launched an automatic line for sorting of logs for 30 “pockets”;
- two flows for sawing logs are organized: one is based on a milling-trimming line LINCK; the second one is on the basis of saw frames "Möhringer" and "Esterer", Germany, with installation of an automatic filing of sawn timber "Optimes";
- a vertical band saw mill AKE and machine for processing of rough edge was installed for sawing logs with diameter of more than 60 cm. Automatic line for raw sorting of sawn timber into 16 «pockets» ensures sorting by size and direction of processing with formation of drying stacks;
- line for trimming and re-packing is installed.
- drying facilities are completely updated - ten automatic drying chambers of companies «Secal» and «Mühlbock» are put into operation.
- a drying chamber of company «Hildebrand» is launched and the volume of simultaneous loading of sawn timber grew up to 1 200 m3, what covers completely the need of production.
In 2007 the company organized a workshop for processing of low-grade sawn timber with installation of optimizing deck saw «OptiCut 200" and the line of jointing of work pieces along the length on a mini stud «GreCon», Germany.
In 2008 instead of planer «Tramples», a high-productive planer "Profiles" of company "Ledinek", Slovenia, was installed. The feeding speed of sawn timber for processing was up to 100 m/min. To expand the range of planed products in 2011 there was installed a bed-type milling machine «Powermat - 500" of company «Weinig», Germany. Modernization of production allowed the company to reach the capacity of 24 000 m3 per year.
In the present moment the range of planed products manufactured by JSC "Borisovski DOK" covers the scope of finishing profiles used in the construction of external, as well as internal finishing of buildings and accommodations, with a thickness of the product of 12 to 45 mm. The advantages of natural wood as facing material for exterior and interior facing of the house make the material almost irreplaceable in many regards.
In 2006 the company organized the production of glued beam and houses from glued beam. A technological line consisting of equipment of companies «Ledinek», «Shmidler», «Dimter» allows to produce glued structural beam of maximum section of 600x220 mm, as well as profiled (wall) beam of thickness from 72 to 220 mm and of 13m long. Customization of an architectural project for the production is carried out by software «Cadwork».
In 2011 in order to process wood deeper and to expand the assortment the company arranged the production of "garden houses" from solid planed moldings with wall thickness from 18 to 68 mm. For cutting of the “cups” on the details of the wall from two sides there was installed a modern machine «Auer Twin», Austria. I order to equip garden houses with windows and doors the company purchased machine «Unicontrol-6", Germany, which was integrated into the technological flow.
Together with the reconstruction of the sawmill production there was arranged a wood pellet production in 2004. Due to the increase of consumption and diversified energy policy in Europe in 2010 the plant built a workshop for the production of wood pellets with the installation of additional pelleting mill of company «Münch», Germany, with capacity of 1,5 tons per hour. To ensure continuous feeding of raw materials for pellet production there was mounted an aspiration system for transporting of dry chips from the processing plant.
Fuel wood pellets are a granulated wood mass, an alternative to traditional energy sources - oil and gas. Environmentally friendly kind of fuel.
Starting from the year 2010 the company started to log forest. For this purpose the company purchased forwarders «Timberjack» and harvester «Timberjack» and rented forest resources.
In 2010 the company organized a centralized workshop of chips manufacturing from technological raw material on a new, highly-productive chipper «Vecoplan», Germany. The line provides grinding of all kinds of waste, which occur during processing of wood.